Currently working on the re-implementation of shreds client-side and move to es6 while I’m on it. Figured out I might as well write some note on its current implementation, annotating the caveats or something.
Anyway, the main concept was to be able to add new feature (to the app) quickly, while maintaining the whole (supposed to be modular) structure. The whole app is started with this main (singleton) object called shreds.
Still in progress migrating all images assets to some dedicated storage.
I find that managing assets for this blog, manually copy and arranging all the images to the source folder is a bit a downer. So then I use imgur since I can just setup shareX to directly upload images / automatically upload screenshots, it was good enough until I found out that some of our isp actually blocking access to imgur. Since I’m not into dropbox, and puush.me is not an option since it removes images after some months of inactivities, I decide to setup my own storage service, nginx-based webdav. Now probably it’s just a matter of time until someone ownd my server… welp
In another note, here be some mashiro-cat (image not related but serves as a good sample):
Here’s the new toy. An evaluation board of the legendary MSP430 series. It comes with 2 MCUs the MSP430G2553, a spare MSP4302452, and an 32kHz crystal for external oscillator. I’ll be working with MSP430G2553 mainly because it has twice the memory of the latter, another reason is since MSP430G2553 has its own h/w UART support, but since the board could do soft emulation for the UART (need jumper switching and some emulation code though), I think I will tinkering with the latter too, that is after I comfortable with the UART setup.
I’ve been putting up some courage to actually write about this thing. Started working on this roughly 1 and a half years ago, I believe it was not long after Google initially announced that they’ll closing Google Reader.
As I realized that I never build any barely-usable so-called-product, also for the fact that my related skills on this were sound more like a joke, I kept the repository private for some months. It was really hard when feedbin announced, since we both built based on the same stack (We both based on ruby on rails, and using feedzira (later feedjira) as our core feed fetcher). I think I was supposed to drop the project and use feedbin instead, considering it’s waaay more superior in addition of its massive community.